Wednesday, October 17, 2007

France 1; Trevor 0 (insert random spelling mistake)

In France, super soccer fanatics (who also happen to be usually pretty gross with this haircut that resembles and army cut with gel), they like to wear these man purses. They are small and they resemble a camera case or a passport holder. I've also thought them to be quite stupid until I started counting all the change I've collected around my room--30 euros worth of coins.

Damn you, France. You made me sell out. I bought what I thought to be one of the most awful creations in history. I am literally wearing a fanny pack that goes from my shoulder across my chest and meets my midsection on the other side. Congratulations universe--you win.

Upside--holds my phone and change. Can't put a price on that. Okay... maybe 7 euros.

What also made me change my mind is that I recently got myself a bike pass. Thanks to some quick maneuvering from my good friends Amy and Amanda, who called me to tell me that there was a stand open for the velo down near the university, I managed to gather all my paperwork and run down there. Much better option than sending it through the mail which takes roughly 4 weeks to process. So I can pick up a bike anywhere within a two block radius, use it, and not have to worry about stuff falling out of my pockets because i got my man purse. I'm the king of the world right now. (Also the king of cookies--Don't you forget it).

So how did I celebrate losing my soul to French trash culture and the immediate pleasure of getting a bike pass? I stayed out late with Juan and learned to salsa at a bar. Then, I met up with my friends Mariko and Jye-he, and drank a lot of water (biking and salsa dancing makes for a thirsty Trevor), and made my way home. I didn't have to worry about the stupid Tram because I can use a bike--which is faster by the way.

So, no class today. 'Cause it's Wednesday and the French kick some serious butt. (Well... you know, except for the whole man purse thing). I'm going to spend the day making cookies and relaxing at the park. It got warm again--might as well enjoy it while it's here.

Take care, mes ami(e)s.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What the heck is the velo-v anyway??