Sunday, February 3, 2008

Family, Initiation of Movie Sunday, New Semester... in 20 seconds

So the internet has been more a luxury than an actual feature of living with a host family lately. For that reason, I haven’t been able to blog. Also, since my host my mom needs the office, here are the highlights in twenty seconds.

Over Christmas, my family came and visited. It was a lot of fun! We were in Paris for a while, seeing Art Museums and the Eiffel Tower and such. Then, we came back to Lyon were I got sick. However, it was still a fun trip and I’m happy that my parents are planning another trip, probably to Italy, for an upcoming summer.

Since then, my friends and I have initiated what is known as movie Sunday. As there is rarely anything else to do on a Sunday, my friends and I got to the movie theatre and indulge ourselves with English-speaking movies. There has been far too much French lately and this provides ourselves with a little comfort. Hooray.

I finally got my classes set for next semester this past Thursday. Yep, the French do wait til the last minute because the new semester starts Monday. I’m taking three philosophy and three theology classes: all in French. And here’s the kicker—four day weekend every weekend! Monday and Friday, no classes. I’m not the only one, too. Amy and Amanda will also have that schedule, which will provide the three of us with time to travel every week.

Yes, you can take this time to be jealous.

In other news, my friend Kate got a job at a bar, so we’ve been hanging out there a lot. Mostly drinking coffee because she works during the day.

I will probably post pictures, etc. Soon. There was a giant breakfast party at my friend Wayland’s place and I’ve also cut my hair. So look for more… soon?

No comments: